Friday, March 9, 2012

I Want My Mommy.

My mom and I haven't always had the best relationship.  Now that I'm a mom, I understand why.  She wasn't there to be my friend, she was there to raise me and do it RIGHT.  She was tough when she needed to be, and there were some times when she just had to walk away so as not to beat the crap out of me (like I'm sure I deserved more than once). 

See?  This is how cool she is!  (granted, she's relaxed some since I grew up, but still cool!)

Thankfully now, I've found a friend in my mom. We conspire about seeds for our gardens, discuss chickens, talk often, and lean on each other.  She's almost as chicken crazy as I am, but I have yet to catch her onto the horse bug.  To give her credit though, she drove me out to a local horse owner when I was a kid just to let me hang out with them.  I think that Harold Thiessen was at least partially responsible for getting me hooked on Arabians!  (He must have conspired with Walter Farley.)

Well, when my mom and I didn't get along, I found "another mother."  Her name is Linda.  She's a tiny woman physically, but she's a giant emotionally and intellectually. 


Whenever I felt like I wasn't being understood at home, her patient reasoning helped straighten me out.  We lost touch several times, but reconnecting with her always feels like we take up just where we left off.  She's a true blue friend and I need her in my life.  Heck, my kids are her adopted grandkids!

Then there's my mother-in-law.  Yeah, MILs have been the butt of many a joke.  Mine is so awesome that you wouldn't believe it. 

That's her with my dad-in-law, another amazing person

She's not only an awesome lady, she's supportive, creative, and just plain fun to be around.  I'll bet all of you wish you had in laws like this.

So yeah, I want my mommy.  I'm just glad that I'm finally old enough to realize that that's the way it SHOULD be.

No comments:

Post a Comment