Sunday, March 4, 2012

What a WHEEE-kend!

Yikes, folks.  Remember how I said I was busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs?  I didn't know the half of it.  This weekend has been a seemingly endless roller coaster ride of activity, and thank goodness most of it was positive.

The Celtic Celebration came off better than any of us expected it to, I think.  I got assigned to take tickets and direct people to their reserved tables.  Easy, right?  Um, NO.  Some of the tickets had table numbers written on them, some didn't.  I'm still new enough to town that I don't know most of these folks (and can't remember the names of the ones I HAVE met!).  I made quite a bottleneck trying to figure out who went where.  Oh well, at least nobody seemed angry, which is a plus!  Here are some pics for you to enjoy:


I'm pretty sure both of these groups (the pipers and the dancers) are from Wichita.  I'll get names and post tomorrow--they're worth looking up!

This group is called Knocknasheega.  They were awesome enough to give me a free T-shirt since my tattoo is so close to their logo.  They're very talented and friendly folks as well.  I'll be happy to give you their contact info!

So, after a long night, I came home and crashed.  This morning dawned bright, sunny, and warm:  always a plus.  I did chores, then went in to help a bit with some of the last cleanup.  I came home with about 10 lbs of cooked cabbage and 11 bottles of Guinness.  Talk about awesome!  While I was there, I got a text from Barb asking if I could come play with her new toy this afternoon . . .and she said to bring ear protection, so I had a pretty good idea of what it was, LOL.

Well, I got home.  Scott was building my brooder box for my new chicks!!  (He's got to be just about the most awesome guy in the world, you know.)  We got Maki and Sushi (the Yokohama/Phoenix chookies) moved out to their new coop, and wonder of wonders, Sushi had laid 2 eggs for me in the cage.  Ever the optimist, I decided to put them under Beautiful Sweet the Broody Silkie.  These eggs are gorgeous, folks.  Sushi is bigger than Beautiful Sweet, but she laid 2 tiny, perfect, light cream eggs.  I put them under Beautiful Sweet in the coop, and decided to move her to a broody cage tonight.  When Maki and Sushi got used to their new coop, they both made LOTS of happy noises and had a great time scratching through the leaves and straw that I'd put out as bedding.  AAAH, happy chickens.

So then we went over to Barb and Ralph's.  Sure enough, Ralph had bought Barb a nifty Ruger .22 rifle and gotten the extended magazine.  Who knew that a .22 could look (at least at first glance) like an AK 47?  NIFTY.  Well, as it turns out, Scott got me a new toy too, and at a heck of a deal. 

Smith and Wesson model 422.  A nice, accurate, lightweight .22 pistol that fits my hand. 
And you've gotta love those feathers on the case!

Plus my wonderful hubby made dinner while I was getting Beautiful Sweet situated in the brood cage.  All in all, it's been a pretty dang terrific day.  I hope all of you had a day as great as mine!









No comments:

Post a Comment